Friday, September 19, 2003

My accident on tuesday evening

And then suddenly something happens and you forget to write about it on your weblog. I guess I still don't have the automatism to work with it the way I should. And also, something happens, I have my camphone with me and forgot to take pictures.

But here is the story, on tuesday at 19:00 hrs I step in my Seat Leon and aim for home. At the first t-crossing I encounter (coming from the opposite direction!) I see a .motorbike coming from the left with a girl and a boy on it. Without wearing helmets. The moment I cross them, I see that she is not able to control the bike and instead of making a turn she just drives straight ahead and bumps into my car.

After that, of course, I stop the car and she that she is lying on the floor, trembling and not being conscious. Another girl/witness from the car behind the motorbike stops and gives her first aid. I call 112 and call for an .ambulance and the .police.
After about five minutes they arrive. I guess when you're waiting in such a situation it always looks to last longer, but I think it was five minutes. And then the hassle begins.

First, the boy says he was driving the bike and that they were wearing helmets, which indeed were lying on the motorbike being brought there by a friend of them some few minutes after the accident. Looking at her injuries, he was quite unhurt, the police wonders why the helmets are undamaged and soon he confesses that they were helmless. Soon after that he also confessed that the girl was driving.

Why this? Well, she had no driver's license!!!!!

So what really happenend? The girl had asked her boyfriend whether it was possible to once ride his motorbike. He said yes, but wanted to choose a quiet location (our industrial area). She was just for about 1 minutes on the motorbike when she had to make her first turn and brake. And then she probably got confused. She forgot to steer and instead of breaking I think she gave some extra power to the bike with as a result an uncontrollable motorbike flying over the t-crossing in my car.

After that we filled in some papers, and I had to go to a garage to get a replacement car, because the rear side of my car was really damaged. Rear window broken, rear door completely damaged, rear of the car enormous scratches & rear wheel damaged. Will take some time to repair I guess (if they repair it) and in the mean time I drive this one.

The story continues...

No comments:

Feedback to Eyckenstein

Click here to send feedback.