Monday, April 10, 2006

Afraid of the dentist

Of course, I did grew up with the idea that I had to every year twice to the dentist for a check-up of my teeth. Of course, I did not do that for the last 3 years. And of course, some troubles in my mouth were slowly appearing. And mostly of course, I am afraid to go to the dentist.
Thanks God, I have Jola who is totally not afraid of the dentist (even loves it) and who already almost 4 years now (12 April!) tells me that dentists in Poland are very, very good. So I went to the dentist last Thursday because I had troubles in my last upper back tooth (filling broke off some 4 months ago) and in my lower right jaw when I chewed on something hard. The latter was filled last Thursday. The first one was done today... I needed a root canal treatment! According to my dentist I had gangrene in that tooth! And although Jola did not allow me to take narcosis I had some good sedatives and did not feel a thing. Next week I have to go back for the next step, but right now I am happy already that did it. Chewing without pain is now a possibility again!

Natuurlijk ben ik opgegroeid met het idee dat ik elk jaar tweemaal naar de tandarts moest. En natuurlijk heb ik dat de afgelopen 3 jaar niet gedaan. En natuurlijk leidde dat tot problemen in mijn mond en meest natuurlijk... ben ik bang voor de tandarts.
Maar gelukkig heb ik Jola wie helemaal niet bang is voor de tandarts (ze vindt het zelfs leuk) en die de afgelopen bijna 4 jaar (12 April!) vertelt heeft over de goede kwaliteit van Poolse tandartsen.
Dus ben ik afgelopen donderdag naar de tandarts geweest omdat ik een afgebroken vulling had in de achterste bovenkies en pijn had als ik met rechts kauwde. De laatste is afgelopen donderdag gevuld en de eerste is vanochtend verholpen. Volgens de tandarts had ik koudvuur in mijn kies. En ondanks dat ik geen narcose mocht van Jola had ik toch toch goede verdoving en heb niets gevoeld. Volgende woensdag de volgende stap, maar nu ben ik blij dat ik het gedaan heb. Ik kan weer kauwen zonder pijn!

No comments:

Feedback to Eyckenstein

Click here to send feedback.